Case : Coca-Cola New Vending Machine
1. Is selling Coke through interactive vending machines a good or a bad idea? Why?
2. Where, how, and for whom does this technology create/destroy value? For example, loyal Coke customers, switchers among cola products, loyal Pepsi customers, etc.?
3. Are there any pricing related issues that can adversely affect the firm?
4. What did Coca-Cola do right? What did it do wrong? How would you have done it?
5. How does the Internet affect the ability of firms to price-discriminate across consumers?
Case : GolfLogix Measuring the Game
1. How does the xCaddie create value? Is it compelling?
2. What is the market potential for the GolfLogix devices?
3. What are the advantages of going through the golf courses?
Through retail channels?
4. If you could only choose one of the two channels, which would
you choose—courses or retail?
5. Given the option of selling through both channels, what would you do?